SUPPORT GROUP FOR CANCER PATIENTS
The support groups for cancer patients are open meetings of people that share the same problem, the cancer disease and that, by sharing their experiences, diminish the stress associated with it and increase their abilities to deal with it.
These are regular meetings (biweekly or monthly), for 2 hours of a group between 6 to 12 people and are always facilitated by a professional coach. The members, always assume an active role in choosing the sessions theme, while the rules and decisions are agreed upon by every member. Confidentiality is a guiding principle, as is respect for others.
In these meetings, experiences, feelings, ideas and opinions are shared in a safe, confidential and proximity environment. Through this interaction, the members look to help each other in the management of these feeling and in searching of ways to deal with the difficulties, increasing the feelings of serf-control and self-esteem.
Themes approached on our sessions:
- How to overcome this phase?
- Personal care (beauty, make-up, prosthesis, etc) with the presence of specialists in said fields
- The importance of eating well with a nutritionist present
- The importance of self-esteem
- The importance of having an action plan
- We, cancer patients and our family
Registrations are open
The support groups will begin with a minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 12.
Value per session: 60€ (2 hours)
Ready for the next level?